Situ Biosciences LLC is a biotechnology company providing testing and product development to global companies in a highly competitive environment. We are dedicated to the scientific principles that provide our customers with professional expertise, and validated testing; helping our customers successfully execute their research and development goals. The ideal candidate will encompass these attributes as an inherent component of their job responsibility.
Situ Biosciences LLC supports the growth and development of our employees through training and opportunities that arise as our business continues to grow. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated in seeking these growth opportunities as they gain experience with the unique demands of the industries we serve.
Situ Bioscience LLC is seeking qualified candidates for an experienced Microbiologist. Candidates will need to have experience working in a laboratory environment handling microorganisms, chemical materials, and associated laboratory equipment.
Experience handling microorganisms is required.
Qualified applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in a biological related science, and 4+ years of experience in a commercial laboratory or equivalent.
Applicant must have professional laboratory experience in microbiology.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with Manager to support new and existing customers.
- Prepare samples for microbiological, environmental fate and analytical testing, and perform testing.
- Provide technical support, training and general information as needed to fellow employees.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments as needed to develop new products and applications.
- Add additives into customer compounds or materials to fulfill stability, durability, and efficacy testing and development.
- Understand necessary analytical and safety data (pH, color, odor, density, and viscosity), Material Safety Data Sheets, including technical bulletins.
- Conduct work in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintain inventory for needed materials, supplied and equipment in the laboratory.
- Effectively enter test and sample information into the R&D database.
- Set up, adjust and operate laboratory equipment and instruments required for the effective execution of duties in the laboratory.
- Mathematical, computer, and written proficiency.