- Requires previous hands-on experience in a microbiological laboratory
- Requires Professional laboratory experience
- Ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas: microbiological laboratory environments, product testing, laboratory work, or direct work experience with handling and culturing microorganisms
- Qualified applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a biological related science (or related technical field), and 4+ years of experience in a laboratory or equivalent setting
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work in a fast pace and demanding work environment
- Work independently and minimally supervised in laboratory functions including; preparation and setup; reading methods, executing testing, and writing reports/laboratory records
- Responsible for validation and logging of instrumentation and calibrations
- Serving as technical point of contact for customer projects
- Receiving samples and accurately preparing laboratory reports and samples for microbiological and analytical testing
- Provide general support and testing information for internal and external customers
- Understand necessary analytical and safety data (pH, color, odor, density, and viscosity), Material Safety Data Sheets, including technical bulletins
- Conduct work in a safe and effective manner
- Work cross-functionally with Management to support new and existing customers
- Effectively enter test and sample information into the R&D database
- General administrative and document control supporting technical and business operations – shipping and receiving, ISO 17025 and GLP regulatory requirements, etc.
- Mathematical, computer, and written proficiency as used within a biological laboratory setting
- Prepare, label, sterilize, and distribute media according to Situ Biosciences SOPs and manufacturers label directions
- Perform Quality Control tests on media including, but not limited to sterility, growth promotion and pH checks
- Keep media inventory, discard expired media and chemicals, notify staff when media must be ordered
- Perform laboratory cleaning and disinfection as directed
- Managing supplies
Situ Biosciences offers a competitive benefits package with a defined 401(k) contribution and healthcare benefits.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements; this includes candidates with direct and hands-on microbiological laboratory work. Only local and semi-local candidates will be considered.
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.